Monday, December 28, 2009

Today, I had help from above!

This morning, when I woke up, I started praying (talking with God) I simply asked the Holy Spirit for His help today and then talked to God about some other things on my heart. I then left and had to drive my daughter Sarah to the airport. On the way home, I realized that I had time to get the bulb changed in my minivan front headlight. I immediately thought of the car place on the corner near our house. As I approached home, on the left, there was another car place that said "open", I thought, oh they could do it there, so I pulled in. As I went in, the gentleman was very matter of fact, kind of cold and said that it would take about an hour to do and that it would be $29.95. He started to put the order in and I said I think I'm going to have to deal with this later...realizing I didn't have an hour. I pulled out and went to the corner place that I had originally thought of and pulled up to be greeted by a friendly young man. He said they could do it no problem. I waited a few minutes for the place to open and had the job done in a few minutes by some cheerful employees for $5.00!
The first situation was not flowing smoothly..cold response, 1 hour, lots of money for a little job,
the second situation, the "thought" that I had at first, was the Holy Spirit helping me and it was obvious...friendly, quick and reasonable.
When Jesus died on the cross, he left the Holy Spirit..He is here and here to help. It's OK and a great thing to ask specifically for His help!
Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. so true, it is sometimes a gut feeling and its him guiding us and we must listen

    ReplyDelete